Damn, I haven’t posted anything here since October 2013, which was a month after Clown Tear Junkies was published. As such, this post is one of those time-to-update-my-sadly-neglected-blog type posts. So, without giving too much concern to form or good manners, I’m just going to dump a bunch of links and news here, all writing-related stuff that’s transpired since that time. If you follow me on Facebook, most of this will be old hat, but who knows? Maybe there’s an item or two you missed. Anyhow, whatever. It is what it ain’t. Here goes:
Interviews & Related Stuff
· Nikki Howard interviewed me for her book review blog, now doing business as Horror After Dark: http://www.horrorafterdark.com/2013/12/author-interview-douglas-hackle/
· I was invited to be a featured author for the “Ask the Author” Q&A segment on the Bizarro Fiction Facebook group. Here is the interview in its entirety transposed to my blog on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author_blog_posts/5926441-ask-the-author—with-douglas-hackle
· Last but not least, author/blogger/crazyman Frank Edler invited me to breakdown the music video for Ratt’s 80’s rock anthem “Round and Round” on the his blog—Books, Beer and BLOGshit. WTF?!? http://booksbeerblogshit.blogspot.com/2013/12/raising-hackles.html
Recently Published Short Stories
· My short story “The Riverbed: Rated Z” was published in Tall Tales with Short Cocks Vol. 4 (Rooster Republic Press – December 2013) http://www.amazon.com/Tall-Tales-Short-Cocks-Vol-ebook/dp/B00HCK3P30
· In February 2014, my short story “CLASSIC” was published online at Paragraph Line, “a journal of absurdist and outsider fiction, culture blogging, and cough syrup abuse instructional videos,”as described by founding editor/author/madman Jon Konrath. http://www.paragraphline.com/2014/02/21/classic-by-douglas-hackle/
· My short story “Trapdoor People or: The Birthsong of the Trapdoor Reborn” was published in Fireside Popsicles (April 2014 – Edited by Sheila Hall and M.C. O’Neill), the debut anthology from indie publishing newcomer Fireside Press. http://www.amazon.com/Fireside-Popsicles-Twisted-Tales-Told-ebook/dp/B00JM13SN4
· My short story “TERROR THING” will appear in the forthcoming Vertigo Schisms anthology from Surreal Grotesque, edited by Jeremy Maddux and due out in a month or two I believe. This yarn features the return of Courtney Cute, whom some of you may recall from my story “Give Courtney Cute Anything She Wants” in Clown Tear Junkies.
· I just recently finished writing my first novella—YAY me!! When will it be available for public consumption? What publisher, if any, will help bring it to the masses? I don’t have the answers to these questions at the moment, so stay tuned for updates.
· Lastly, Clown Tear Junkies made the preliminary ballot for the Wonderland Award for Best Bizarro Collection. To make the final ballot and become an official nominee for the award, the book must survive the first round of voting, which is taking place as I type these words (voting ends July 31st). Now, it’s against the rules for preliminary nominated authors and their publishers to solicit or campaign for votes. However, I can point you to the web page on Bizarro Central that lists all the prelim nominees and instructs you on how to vote for Best Bizarro Collection and Novel for 2013 if you are so inclined. At the very least, check out the list if only to see many of the cool bizarro titles that came out last year (so that you can go buy and read them ALL or die a thousand agonizing deaths!!) Here’s the link: